Your privacy and legal rights are very important to us and we take this very seriously therefore we advise you to read our policy very carefully and in full as it contains important information including: who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share your personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information, marketing, cookies, privacy policies of other websites and how to contact us regarding a complaint.
MSK Physiotherapy is registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Register; registration number ZA774229 and act as the data controller when processing your data. Our designated Data Controller is Mehrdad Shamali, who can be contacted via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSK Physiotherapy processes your personal information in order to provide you our services. We do not collect any irrelevant or unnecessary personal data from you. If you feel that we hold any incomplete/inaccurate or irrelevant data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct the information. If this is requested we aim to correct all information as soon as possible unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be informed. You also have the right to request complete removal of your personal data (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. You may be asked to verify your identity to confirm and ensure that your data is protected and kept secure at all times.
Who we are:
MSK Physiotherapy (“we”, “our” or “us”) stores, use and are responsible for specific personal information considering our clients. We are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which apply to the United Kingdom.
What data we collect and how:
We collect and store the following personal information that you provide to us: title, name, date of birth, address, email address, contact numbers (home, work, mobile), sex, work information (employer, hours, duties, role), medical insurance details, referral source, GP/consultant details and notes/letters, bank details (refund purposes only), current and previous health/medical information (personal and family history, work history, hobbies, goals) and clinical notes. Examples of when we collect the information include: when booking an appointment and requesting information through our website, email correspondence (either from yourself, through your GP/consultant, employer, solicitor or medical insurance provider), telephone, face-to-face consultations, social media (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn).
How we use your data:
MSK Physiotherapy takes your privacy very seriously and we will never share your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We will only keep your data for as long as required.
- We collect your personal data in order to book appointments and provide information about appointment bookings (appointment confirmation, reminders). Booking information is sent via email that you provide to us.
- We keep and store personal data and information as part of the legal obligation for physiotherapy note keeping.
- We may share your data and clinical notes with other healthcare professionals and/or referring companies or insurers who are involved within your care. Before sharing your data we will always gain your consent.
How we store your data:
MSK Physiotherapy securely stores your data on password-protected software’s, which can only be accessed by relevant professionals who are involved in your care. We will only keep your data for as long as required. You also have the right to request complete removal of your personal data (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us.
We may like to send you or the relevant people involved within our care information about our products, services, offer and business, which may be of interest to you. The information can be sent via email, telephone, or direct message. If you wish to opt out of these marketing communications please let us know as soon as possible by email – email@example.com.
You have the right to access any personal information that MSK Physiotherapy processes and keeps about you at anytime. For example you can request: What personal data we keep from you and why, who we may share your data and clinical notes with and why, How long we intend to keep your data.
If you feel that we hold any incomplete/inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct the information. If this is requested we aim to correct all information as soon as possible (within one month of the date requested) unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be informed. You also have the right to request complete removal of your personal data (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. You may be asked to verify your identity to confirm and ensure that your data is protected and kept secure at all times.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly. Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information:
- MSK Physiotherapy use Cliniko to book appointments online, provide electronic note keeping and storage for your special category data, send out invoices and store clinical and referral letters/information. For more information about Cliniko, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.cliniko.com/policies/privacy.
- MSK Physiotherapy uses Zettle to take card payments. Examples of personal data that Zettle may process are your name, personal number or date of birth, home address, e-mail address, IP-address, unique identifier of devices you use to access and use the services and our websites, bank account details and transaction history information and encrypted card data. For more information about Zettle, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.izettle.com/gb/privacy-policy.
- MSK Physiotherapy uses ZOOM for our preferred way of contact for remote or virtual sessions. For more information about ZOOM, please read their Privacy and security at https://explore.zoom.us/trust.