Pre and Post Operative Physiotherapy is vital for optimal recovery following a surgery. Our specialist team plan personalised sessions which focus on reducing pain, improving movement, as well as increasing strength. As a result, we target long-term recovery and function.
Our physiotherapy team is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and also the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP). Clients may be able to claim pre and post operative physiotherapy sessions through private medical insurance. Please contact us for further information. We accept private medical insurance which will cover the full cost of all sessions: AXA PPP, Bupa Global, SimplyHealth, WPA, Cigna Healthcare, Vitality, Aviva, Healix Health Services, United Healthcare Global, Allianz Worldwide Care, Health Shield & Aetna Global
We can also provide home visit pre and post operative physiotherapy for clients who are more comfortable at home. We are able to bring all necessary equipment to each session with us.
Pre & Post Operative Physiotherapy Journey
We work collaboratively with recognised consultants and specialists from top hospitals in order to provide the most effective treatments. We are also able to arrange referrals for medical scans or further examination if needed. Throughout the recovery process, client’s will be monitored by regular assessments. Follow up appointments with consultants may be required in order to continue a safe and progressive physiotherapy plan.
Soft tissue stiffness as well as muscle weakness at the operated area can often become problematic after having a surgery. Therefore, our skilled team aim to promote tissue healing, allowing the client to have less pain and improve their movement. Early physiotherapy is important in order to focus on pain management and control swelling. This will benefit the client and get them back to their normal function as soon as possible. In addition to this, early treatment will prevent further complications or issues occurring in the future.
The Rehabilitation Process:
- Pain Management
- Inflammation & Swelling Management
- Increase Range of Movement
- Muscle Activation
- Increase Joint Mobility
- Increase Strength
- Improve Endurance & Cardiovascular Fitness
- Improve Balance & Proprioception
- Skill Specific Training
- Return to Sport & Activity
Joints & Surgeries That We Treat:
- Spine: Fusions | Discectomy | Laminectomy | Decompression
- Shoulder: Arthroscopy | Rotator Cuff Repairs | Joint Replacement | Fractures | Dislocations
- Elbow: Arthroscopic Debridement | Total Arthroplasty & Replacement
- Hand: Closed Reduction & Fixation | Tendon Repair | Nerve Repair
- Hip: Arthroscopy | Labral Repair | Joint Replacement
- Knee: Ligament, Cartilage & Tendon Repair | Arthroscopy | Joint Replacement | ACL | Meniscus
- Ankle: Arthroscopy | Ligament & Tendon Repair
- Foot: Bunion & Toe Surgery | Fracture Management | Fusions